The need for compassionate, nurturing caregivers is urgent. Increasing numbers of seniors have opted for care at home rather than transitioning to a care facility, especially in light of the pandemic. That’s good news for caregivers, because it means your services are in high demand and you have options available to you. You can choose an employer that shares your heart for caregiving, values compassion and dignity for clients, and creates a supportive environment where you’ll love going to work each day.
As a caregiver, you help people who are facing health challenges, reduced mobility, or other limitations by enabling them to maintain their independence in the comfort of their own home. At Cherished Companions, we are committed to supporting our employees as they accomplish that vision. As you invest in helping others, Cherished Companions is there to invest in you.
Here’s why you’ll love working with our team.
What to Look for In a Home Care Agency
Not all agencies are the same. Every organization has a unique mission and set of values. Finding an employer whose values match yours is one of the most important ways you can ensure satisfaction with your career and protect your personal wellbeing. As you plan your career in caregiving, here are some things to evaluate in an agency:
- Values - Does the agency share your values about providing compassionate care for every patient? Do they believe in treating every patient with respect and dignity? Is caregiving considered to be more than just a job?
- Reputation - How is the agency viewed, both by clients and by employees? Have they earned the trust of those they care for? Are they known as a supportive employer and a good place to work?
- Management Style - Are managers committed to supporting employees? Do they use a positive management style that includes recognition and coaching? Do they value and respect their workers?
- Flexibility - Do caregivers have the flexibility to choose the hours and locations that work best for them?
- Employee Support - Does the agency provide health insurance and employee benefits? Do they build for your future by offering a 401K? Do they provide support relevant to the difficult nature of the job? Can employees get help if they encounter problems in the course of their work?
All of these elements contribute to creating a culture that supports you in your role as caregiver. When you choose an agency to work for, be sure they place a high value not only on quality of care, but also on investing in employees as they serve clients.
Why Caregivers Love Working for Cherished Companions
When we hire, our goal is to find people who share our vision of caregiving as a calling. Because we view caregiving as more than just a job, we are dedicated to supporting our employees with a top-notch work environment so they can provide the best care for our clients.
Here’s what that looks like:
- We’re an award-winning agency. We are a certified Home Care Pulse Trusted Provider, and winner of the Best of Home Care Employer of Choice, Leader in Excellence, and Provider of Choice awards. We have been ranked in the top 5 Best Places to Work in Senior Services by Fortune Magazine. We have also received Great Place to Work certification and we have an A+ rating through the Better Business Bureau.
- We treat our employees right. Awards and accomplishments mean nothing if they are not backed up by excellent workplace culture. Our employees know that we stand by them. We work hard to create a positive, supportive culture where they can thrive.
- We want to work with people who share our passion for caregiving. We intentionally seek out nurturing people who love helping others to be part of our team. We believe the ideal caregiver provides confident, compassionate care, shows sound judgment, demonstrates respect for the client and their family, and is both friendly and assertive.
If you share our commitment to providing high-quality care for every client, we would love to meet you! We invite you to submit your application to begin the process of exploring a caregiving career through Cherished Companions.
If you have further questions, would like to request resources, or want to inquire about becoming or getting a caregiver, please contact Cherished Companions today!